Plavac Mali Majstor
Deep red wine with dry fig, spice, and blackberry notes
As it stands, Croatians are crazy about Plavac Mali.
Translated into English, Plavac Mali means “little blue,” due to the size and color of its grape. However, the taste of Plavac Mali is anything but small. This bold red, comprised of dry fig, spice and blackberry notes, is the crown jewel of Croatian reds.
Plavac Mali Majstor is produced at our Murvica vineyard (west of Bol), where the sea gets the most sun during maturation; the grapes grow in ideally positioned vineyards, on the southern slopes of Brač.
Well-arranged influences of wood—lavish—with polished tannins obtained during maturation. It is Stina’s premier model of the Plavac Mali variety.
With an ideal capacity for aging and rich in extract, it is a bottle of wine for both amateurs and connoisseurs to fall in love with.
- Handpicked and selected grapes from premium old vineyards on Murvica
- Additional grape selection in the cellar
- Controlled fermentation in steel tanks and oak vats
- Maceration length 14-30 days
- Malolactic fermentation in tanks and vats
- Aged 16-18 months in new French barrels
- Alcohol level 14-15%
- Red berries, mediterranean herbs – balanced and smooth.
- Double Gold Medal – International Wine Masters 2015 (vintage 2011)
- Gold Medal – Le Challenge International du Vin Bordeaux 2013 (vintage 2009)
- Bronze Medal – Decanter (vintage 2009)
- 92 Points – Sasa Spiranec (vintage 2009)
- 4/5 Points – Wine for Melomanes (vintage 2009)
- 5/6 Points – Daniela Kramaric (vintage 2009)
- 4 Gold Cluster – “World in a glass” (vintage 2009)
- 4 Cups – “Vecernji List” (vintage 2009)