Plavac Mali Barrique
Dry Red Wine
It opens with an intense and fresh dark berry fruitiness merging with copious spice notes that define the middle and finishing in a sweetness that brings the elements together, ending in a well-balanced concert of spice, mild tannins, and well-integrated acidity.
Numerous spices take over in the middle, combining into sweetness when blended with the beginning’s fruitiness. Certain spicy notes arrive through a sequence of mild tannins, well-dosed acidity and the heat of the alcohol.
With a great potential for aging, this wine will only improve over the next few years.
- 100% indigenous plavac mali variety
- Vineyards: Murvica, Stipančić
- Controlled fermentation in stainless steel tanks
- Maceration length: 7-10 days
- Aged 12 months in used French oak 2251 barrels (70% used once; 30% used for two vintages)
- Red berries, dried cherries, plums and Mediterranean herbs – well balanced
- Alcohol level: 13.5-14.5%